How to add a webpage shortcut to the Windows Start Screen.
Open a browser window and the website you would like to create a shortcut for.
- Hilight the URL address for the website and copy it to the clipboard.
- Right click on a empty spot on the desktop and click new then shortcut.
- Copy the URL saved in the clipboard to the 'Type the location of the item: box' and then click Next.
- On the next page type a name for the new shortcut and click Finish.
- You now have a short to the website on the Desktop but still not on the Windows10 Start Screen.
Now to get the new shortcut on the Windows10 Start Screen
Right-click on the Windows 10 Start button and choose Run.
In the run box, type Shell:Programs.
Go back to the Windows 10 Desktop, right-click on the newly created web shortcut and choose Copy.
Go back to the open Shell:Programs window, and choose Paste to install the shortcut.
Placing the web shortcut into the Programs folder, causes it to show up in the All Apps list in the Start Menu.
Right click on the new shortcut name in the All Apps list and click Pin to Start.
- The webpage shortcut should now show up in the Windows10 Start Screen.
Thanks to Rod Trent for this information found in ITPro Today.